It's important that your app gets a high download rate. The more visitors that download the app, the more you are able to communicate and engage with them.
A high download rate will also give your marketing/sponsors teams that extra piece of leverage when negotiating or closing better deals.
Here are the 3 success factors:
🎖 Consistency in promotion of the app before the event
- Add a promo image for downloads on your website (frontpage)
- Make consistent promo on social media about the app
- Explain the benefits of the app (create video content)
Extrema Outdoor website (frontpage)
Solar Weekend website
🎖 Add (exclusive) content in your app
- Announce content (artists, tickets, ...) earlier in the app than on other channels
- Make content pieces like interviews, competitions, surveys only accessible from within the app
- Link your Instagram account to the CMS so there a constant stream of new updates within the feed
🎖 Keep doing promo at the festival grounds
- Make signing to promote downloads (with QR code linked to App Stores) at the entrances, campings, info points, ...
- Activate that 'Word of Mouth' by sending relevant pushes.
"Hey, why don't I know this? - I don't know, I've got this from the app."
Tomorrowland Summer 2019 & Graspop Metal Meeting 2018